We work closely with the officers, board members and community managers of homeowner associations and condominium regimes to handle a variety of legal issues they face on a daily basis. In that capacity, we have represented over 50 community associations. If you are an officer or board member of a community association, or you are a community manager searching for legal counsel, we are here to help.
In today's litigious society, board members, community managers and the association itself can easily be the target of civil lawsuits. As such, it is important for HOA's and their community managers to follow the governing documents, i.e., covenants/restrictions, bylaws, architectural review guidelines, etc. It is equally important for community associations and their community managers to uniformly enforce the governing documents without engaging in selective enforcement. We can help assess the current framework of your governing documents, draft the necessary revisions and then work in conjunction with you to enforce them properly.
In handling HOA law, we regularly address the following for our clients:
- Collection of delinquent accounts/unpaid dues;
- Covenant violations by homeowners;
- Construction defect litigation;
- Legal opinions/document interpretation;
- Claims against developers;
- Drafting suggested revisions to governing documents;
- Attending board and member meetings; and
- Advising associations on issues related to liability insurance,
contracts, elections and other tort issues.
Our firm regularly quotes work on a flat fee basis in this area of law. Please call us today to discuss the legal issues affecting you.